It’s project time! Considering how creative y’all seem to be this semester, I greatly look forward to your work on this project!
Knowledge of the American Literary movements is crucial to understanding the impact of history and society on the literature of its time. As we explore works throughout the semester, you will see commonalities in theme, philosophy, and aesthetic. American Literature is very much shaped by our country’s history.
Please refer to the handout provided in class to ensure your group includes everything required on your poster.
- Tuesday: collect and complete research
- American Literary Movements, Encyclopedia Britannica
- American Literary Movements, Eastern Oregon University
- List of Literary Movements, Wikipedia
- Please note that this source covers ALL literary movements, not just American literature.
- Wednesday (about half the period): complete rough draft of poster; start final project if time permits
- Thursday: complete poster by the end of the class period
- Friday: American Literary Movements jigsaw