Welcome to another school year and welcome to Ms. Antonacci’s AP Language and Composition course! Things will certainly look and feel very different this year, but I look forward to having you in a somewhat “normal” class! My blog will be updated frequently with what we do in class, as well as additional resources. Please be sure to bookmark this page so you can access it easily throughout the semester.
A few things you must do in order to set yourself up for success this semester:
- Visit this blog daily, especially if you miss class – getting missed work due to absences is the responsibility of the student (you)!
- Sign up for Remind! PLEASE! Life gets busy and we all need reminders. Download the app or text the following code (including @) to 810-10
- First period: @msaaplang
- Come to school! Seriously. According to the Indiana Partnerships Center, missing only two days of school per month lowers both your test scores and your chances of graduating high school.
- One of the requirements of AP Language is to complete AP Classroom practice activities weekly. These are due by 11:59pm EVERY Sunday and are completed OUTSIDE of school. Go ahead and put it in your iCal, planner, reminders list, whatever works for you! Follow the steps below to create an AP Classroom account and add our class:
- Go to https://myap.collegeboard.org to create an account, or log in to an existing account.
- Once you log in, click “Join a Course or Exam” (yellow button on home page).
- Use the join code: RQKD9M
- I typically tutor on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school. We can also arrange another time if that doesn’t work for you; however, you must give me at least 24 hours notice if you plan to stay.
- There is ONE – and only one – way to earn extra credit in this class, which is through PocketPoints. Download the app and use the join code below to start earning points and rewards for staying off your phone!
- AP Lang code: 86775
I look forward to a great semester of reading, writing, learning, and fun! Don’t forget – you have until Friday, September 3, 2021 to turn in your summer reading assignments. Extra credit will be given to students who turn it in before the due date. Check the PHS Summer Reading Blog for details (link on this blog).