This week, we will continue our work on the persuasive speech and learn new rhetorical devices to analyze and utilize. Please be sure you are on time and present each day! Please see below for a brief schedule of our week together:
|Monday, March 1||1. Warm-up: M.U.G. Monday|
2. Persuasive speech exemplar analysis
The readings can be found in “Lesson Resources” or on my blog below.
3. How to write a three-point thesis
4. Click here to submit your thesis statement!
|Tuesday, March 2||1. Warm-up: Lit. Term Tuesday: Repetition, restatement, antithesis, rhetorical question|
2. Credible or Nah? How to know if your source is credible
Click here for the presentation if you were not in class.
3. Assignment: Research collection graphic organizer
Click here for the research graphic organizer Google Doc (make sure you’re signed into Google).
|Wednesday, March 3||ReWind Wednesday – please see schedule in “Class Board”|
Reminder: EPL Mini-project due in CTLS by midnight!
|Thursday, March 4||1. Warm-up: Test Prep Thursday|
2. Patrick Henry: “Speech to the Virginia Convention”
The reading can be found in “Lesson Resources” or on my blog below.
3. Assignment: “Speech to the Virginia Convention” Rhetorical Analysis
The assignment can be found in “Lesson Assignments” or on my blog below.
|Friday, March 5||1. Warm-up: Free Friday! |
2. Assignment: “Speech to the Virginia Convention” CommonLit
Please complete this assignment on www.CommonLit.org.