Welcome to another semester and welcome to Ms. Antonacci and Ms. Lowe’s American Literature course! Things certainly look and feel very different this year, but we look forward to having you in our class! This blog will be updated daily with what we do in class, as well as additional resources. Please be sure to bookmark this page so you can access it easily throughout the semester.
A few things you must do in order to set yourself up for success this semester:
- Visit CTLS Learn and this blog daily, especially if you miss class – getting missed work due to absences is the responsibility of the student (you)!
- Sign up for Remind! PLEASE! Life gets busy and we all need reminders. Download the app or text the following code (including @) to 810-10
- First period: @msaamlit1
- Fourth period: @msaamlit
- Come to school! Seriously. According to the Indiana Partnerships Center, missing only two days of school per month lowers both your test scores and your chances of graduating high school. In a virtual setting, this is even more important!
Below is a brief schedule for our first week together:
|Wednesday, January 6||1. Welcome to American Literature! |
2. Informal Meet and Greet Ms. A. and Ms. Lowe
3. Teacher Welcome Videos
4. Sign up for Remind and bookmark this blog
5. Student Q&A
6. Student Survey
|Thursday, January 7||1. How are we doing? Padlet|
2. American Literature Intro Prezi
3. American Literature in Five Senses (Padlet)
4. Student Survey (for those who did not attend class on Wednesday)
|Friday, January 8||1. Last semester reflection and goal-setting|
2. Assignment: Attitudes on English
Please complete this assignment in CTLS over the weekend if you did not do so in class!
I look forward to a great semester of reading, writing, learning, and fun! Don’t forget – you have until Friday, February 26th to turn in your summer reading assignments. Check the PHS website for details.