This week, we will start on our next unit, The Power of Persuasion. This unit will cover rhetorical appeals, devices, and techniques, and we will examine the power of language. You will have many opportunities to effectively argue and debate! Please be sure you are on time and present each day! Scroll past the calendar for downloadable files.
Please see below for a brief schedule of our week together:
|Monday, October 12||1. Warm-up: What do we already know about the Puritans? About the Salem Witch Trials? |
2. Assignment: “Salem (and Other) Witch Hunts” by Mike Kubic
3. Text-dependent questions via Quizizz
|Tuesday, October 13||1. Padlet: Fear as a Motivator|
2. Review: simile, metaphor, alliteration, analogy, personification
3. Assignment: “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God,” Jonathan Edwards
|Wednesday, October 14||Please note that Wednesdays are reserved for independent work time, tutoring, and small group learning.|
Click here to sign up for a check-in and/or tutoring session with Ms. Antonacci!
***Optional: Unit 1 tutoring, standards review, and assessment re-take
Sign up using the Google Form here!
|Thursday, October 15||Assignment due: “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God,” Jonathan Edwards|
|Friday, October 16||1. Assignment: The Crucible Anticipation Guide|
2. If you finish early, complete this week’s NoRedInk assignment
3. If time permits: start class debate!