This week, we will continue our reading of The Other Wes Moore. As always, please don’t forget about our warm-ups, namely M.U.G. Monday and Lit Term Tuesday. If you’re absent, be sure to get the notes from a friend!
Below is our tentative reading schedule for this week:
- Monday: read through chapter 4 and discuss
- Tuesday: read through chapter 5 and discuss
- Wednesday: read through chapter 6 and discuss (end of section 2)
- Thursday: read through chapter 7/8 and discuss (some classes may finish)
- Friday: Friday is field trip day! We will take a break from TOWM to analyze visual text.
- Please complete your reading of the novel over the break. Click here for an online PDF of the novel.
Make sure you’re keeping up with your timelines and tracing themes throughout the novel. As we read through the novel, you will trace TWO themes throughout both characters’ stories. Choose a focus SUBJECT (NOT theme!) below to follow throughout the novel. As you read, consider the overarching theme and their development throughout the stories of each Wes Moore.
- Personal Values
- Decision Making
- Loss, Faith, and Redemption
- Peer, Parent, and Community Support
- Discipline and Violence