Happy New Year (and new semester!) and welcome to Ms. Antonacci’s American Literature course! My blog will be updated daily with what we do in class, as well as additional resources. Please be sure to bookmark this page so you can access it easily throughout the semester.
A few things you must do in order to set yourself up for success this semester:
- Visit this blog daily, especially if you miss class – getting missed work due to absences is the responsibility of the student (you)!
- Sign up for Remind! PLEASE! Life gets busy and we all need reminders. Download the app or text the following code (including @) to 810-10
- First period: @msaamlit1
- Fourth period: @msaamlit
- Come to school! Seriously. According to the Indiana Partnerships Center, missing only two days of school per month lowers both your test scores and your chances of graduating high school.
- One of the requirements of American Literature is to complete USA Test Prep practice activities weekly. These are due by 11:59pm EVERY Sunday and are completed OUTSIDE of school. Go ahead and put it in your iCal, planner, reminders list, whatever works for you! Follow the steps below to create a USA Test Prep account and add our class:
- Go to http://www.usatestprep.com to create an account, or log in to an existing account. If you’ve created an account at Pebblebrook, I can look up your username and password.
- Use the information below if you’re creating a new account:
Access ID: pebblebrook
Student activation code: stu1223
- Once you have entered this information, create your personal user ID and password. Make sure you remember this information – write it down!
- Once you log in, click “Join a Class” (orange button on home page – NOT “Join Class Party”).
- Find my name: Mariko Antonacci and add yourself to your class. Make sure you’re adding the correct period and semester!
- I serve as the Am. Lit. EOC tutor on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school. We can also arrange another time if that doesn’t work for you; however, you must give me at least 24 hours notice if you plan to stay.
- There is ONE – and only one – way to earn extra credit in this class, which is through PocketPoints. Download the app and use the join codes below to start earning points and rewards for staying off your phone!
I look forward to a great semester of reading, writing, learning, and fun! Don’t forget – you have until Friday, January 31st to turn in your summer reading assignments. Check the PHS Summer Reading Blog for details (link on this blog).